The Museum of East Texas is Now Open
DAVID M. BATES
ANN PHIFER REYES
Protocol for Visiting
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors age two and above, if possible.
- Temperature check required prior to entry using a socially distanced reader. Guests showing signs of illness at any time during their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
- Social Distancing of 6 feet is required; parties may remain together; children must stay with adults at all times.
- Visitor capacity reduced to 25 visitors at any time.
- Single designated visitor entrance at front door.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces throughout the day; hand sanitizer units stationed throughout the building.
- Coat check is not available; large bags (more than 11×15 inches) are not permitted; no baby backpacks or children on shoulders; soft front-facing carriers and strollers are allowed.
- No food or drink is permitted; drinking fountain is not available.
- Until further notice, all hands-on activities and events are cancelled.
- The Museum Shop will remain closed until further notice.
- Only members of one household should be in the restroom at one time.
- One wheelchair and one walker are available for temporary use during your visit. Please notify staff.
Although it saddens us to make these decisions, the health and wellbeing of visitors and staff is very important to us. We send much love and good health to you and yours.